Firmware Support - MicroPython

Hi,

Hopefully you can find the answers to all of your MicroPython firmware questions right here! If not, just ask and we’ll do what we can to help!

A great place to start is EMIT’s Firmware Development Guide for MicroPython on our GitHub repository: https://github.com/ControlBits/EMIT/wiki/EMIT-Firmware-Development-Guide-(MicroPython)

I have been working through the development guide for micro python and all has gone exactly as stated in the guide until section 8, the SD card. The code I am using is yours with the only changes being my wifi information and UUID. I am unable to run the boot.py code. Here is the error:

MicroPython v1.13 on 2020-09-02; ESP32 module with ESP32

Type “help()” for more information.

%Run -c $EDITOR_CONTENT
E (12710) spi: SPI3 already claimed by spi master.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 27, in
OSError: (-259, ‘ESP_ERR_INVALID_STATE’)

Perhaps you can suggest what the issue is? Many thanks.

Hi shpegel,

I’ve tried a few different things but have not been able re-create this error… I’ve copy and pasted the code from section 8 of the developer guide and it seems to run OK.

The error message suggests that the SPI port isn’t being configured correctly. If you’d like to send me a copy of your code (boot.py & main.py) to support@controlbits.com, I’ll happily load it onto one of our test rigs and see what more I can find out.

Thanks

Hi Jon, apologies for the delay in responding. We had a winter snowstorm in the NE USA that kept me busy. The problem has simply vanished after a restart of the software and has not come back. Should have tried that first before contacting you. Many Thanks.